susanylee

susanylee

Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #3)

Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #3) - Santino Hassell,  Ais AMENDED & FINAL REVIEW:Additional thoughts Ch 37 - 42 + epilogue (March 2, 2013)Good LORD! That is some FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT stuff!!!!! "How can they possibly wrap everything up?" "How will it end?" "What happens to...?" GAHHHHH!!!!! The last few chapters were so, so, so GOOD! I can't even...I just...I...I...GAHHHHH!!!! For fans new and old to this series, Sonny & Ais did SO RIGHT by us in how they wrapped this all up. "Fade" is the BEST book of the series, and "In the Company of Shadows" is the BEST series I've read...ever...yup...gauntlet thrown...At the end of it all:Hsin & Boyd - best to you...wherever you end up, whatever you decide (love you, Hsin, forever and ever and ever)Kassian & Ryan - stay out of trouble! (Kassian, take care of him!)Emilio & Zach - I know, I just know...it's all ok.Luke Gerant & Archer - my 2 under-recognized but newly-adored heroes! Welcome to my "favorites" list!****************************WIP, review for up to Ch 36 of 42 (January 7, 2013)And so it goes…Fade, the Final Frontier. Seriously…how do writers come UP with this stuff?! Good lord…this book…Ok, if it were a stand-alone, I would say Fade is phenomenal. My only beef w/ Fade as part of the series is that so much of it had our MC’s apart…and at some parts not even really around….so it was hard…I so longed for the other half. But, of course Sonny & Ais don’t know how to do anything half-assed. Fade has the TORTURE that you’ve come to sickly crave throughout this series. It also has the LOVE that you’ve come to root for through all the various couples in this series. It has some of the HOTTEST scenes I’ve ever read. And, more so than even in the other books…it had the BEST storyline…ridiculously good…so, so freaking good.I can’t express how much Hsin & Boyd, Ryan, Kassian, Emilio, Zach…and all the others, have gotten under my skin and into my heart. Watching them start from angry beginnings, go through near-unbearable anguish, mess-up, make-up, have their lives screwed-up by TPTB, grow-up, and find love along the way…just…no words…By the end of Ch 36 :Boyd – Beloved …You’ve come a long, long way kid. And though you’ve messed up in the past, as Aiko put it “you make up for it so hard”. Truth.Hsin – I don’t want your story to end…You’ve affected me moreso than pretty much any character in a long time. I heart you. Be happy…Danny – You. Boyd. Balcony. GOOD LAWD.Ryan – God, I could not adore you more than I do. Mine, mine, MINE!!!!! *SQUEEEEEZZZZEEEE*Kassian – Man, I hope you find true love…you need it.Emilio – You have a standing invitation to any party I ever have…ever.Zach – Finally. Sheesh. But, man, it took banging Viv to get there? Yuck.With 6 chapters left, anything can happen. But at this point…I’m am SO, SO, RIDICULOUSLY SATISFIED. I’m looking at the final 6 as the epilogue… :)