susanylee

susanylee

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1)

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) - Kristen Ashley If someone asked me what ONE Kristen Ashley book they should read, I would recommend Heaven and Hell. It is the perfect representation of ALL KA's books. Like a Cliff notes /summary version of all that's great about KA. I'd call it "Classic Kristen Ashley". In it, she has parts of all her books, her series, and her style rolled up into one stand alone book. And it's delicious. Danger, romance, hot sex, uber alpha-male, sweet, loving family, quirky friends...Sam is the best parts of all of KA's strong alpha-male characters rolled into one: part Hawk (Commando/Hispanic background), part Hank/Colt (good, good guy), part Mike (dream husband material), part Cal (dark, painful past), part Ty (uber-protector) and as an added treat, she throws in Cal/Tanner/Lee into the story. Love that.Kia is the best parts of all KA's strong, feisty female characters: part Gwen (regurgitation of the mouth), part Lexie (sweet), part Lauren (doesn't know how hot she is). It's also the modern-day fairy tale: after years of hell, Kia comes into a fortune, shops expensively (after having only shopped at WalMart & Target), vacations in the poshest of locales (Lake Cuomo - George Clooney, anyone?), dates the former NFL football star (who was her celebrity crush), gets on the best dressed list, and gets her happily ever after! What's not to love about that?I still hold others (For You, Games of the Heart, Lady Luck) as my favorites of KA's books, mostly for my own personal preferences and reasons. But if I could only choose ONE to represent what makes her books so AWESOME, it would have to be Heaven and Hell. PS - Sam is fighting Mike Haines for my #1 male status (but, Mike's still holding strong). AND, he ALMOST knocked me off my tightly gripped love of Team Lawman and came close to tipping the scales to Team Commando.!!!