susanylee

susanylee

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) - Kristen Ashley 3.5 starsAnother entertaining read from Kristen Ashley.I know she meant to jump into another genre with this book: focusing heavily on the "anti-hero" angle and increased erotica. But, I actually didn't find this to be that much more of either of those things compared to her other books.Knight is no more anti-hero than someone like Tack (Motorcycle Man). Yes, he has questionable methods on how takes care of business (and a hard-to-condone side business), but he is still the typical KA alpha who knows how to love the right woman and who's sweet is so swoon-worthy.And true to form, Anya is a great female lead. I didn't find her weak or "submissive" side unattractive. It was clear she loved Knight and would only do that which she was comfortable with.I do think that in KA's attempt to make this a shorter novel than her typical, she rushed the last third of the book to get all the loose ends tied. But, I didn't mind that. It was nice to be able to get through one of her books in a day, and still take time to eat and shower and such. :)