susanylee

susanylee

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)

Sweet Dreams  - Kristen Ashley REREAD (May 15, 2013)This was my first KA book I'd ever read and I loved it the first time. After reading 20+ more of her books, along with 100's more other books since then, this remains one of my FAVORITE romance books...EVER.Rereading it was a TREAT. I savored it. I normally power read through books. But with this, I read chapters, allowed myself to smile, fantasized a little bit about Tate, hugged my kindle, and then went back to reading. It was a joy. New Observation:I loved Tate the first time. I LOVED TATE the second time. Man, that guy is...just...just...THE BEST. His first words still stung, maybe even more this time around. But, sheesh, if a man can make up for hurt feelings like he does...whooooo wheeeee. God he redeems himself SO HARD. LOVE HIM!Original rating: 5 starsReread rating: 5 stars***********************************ORIGINAL REVIEWI kinda loved this book. 1. Lauren is the BEST heroine in any chick-lit/romance book I've ever read! (yes, even I'd want her on the back of my bike...if I rode a bike...and had such inclinations). AND, I want her to be my best friend. 2. The scene w/ Wanda at the home goods store when Lauren & Wendy are buying sheets is PRICELESS. Pure comedy. 3. Secret's out: Jim-Billy is the true leading man in this book. :)Reading this book made me want to savor every page and I literally laughed, cried, worried, and celebrated w/ the characters.Question: why do all of these books seem to have angry, hard, oftentimes-mean leading men? Is that what every author really thinks women want? (and secretly do they?) I know we all want the Jerry McGuire "You complete me" fairy tale and to save a man from himself...but to put up with some of the anger issues...I don't know if it's worth it.That being said, I'm not trying to hate on Tate. I actually heart him. I just think the angry alpha-male could get old real-quick. (luckily the book ended before it got old)