susanylee

susanylee

Just What the Truth Is (Home Series)

Just What the Truth Is - Cardeno C. 2.5 starsI like Cardeno C.I have a high tolerance for sweet.I have read a couple others in this series.I can overlook the "everyone in this town is gay and coupled up" angle.I can forgive the MC, Ben, for being a coward and indecisive.But, what I actually can't tolerate is bad editing...not from a book released by a "major" M/M publisher. Spelling errors. Conflicting content. Grammar errors. I am no perfectionist when it comes to the books I read, but this really threw me off...multiple accounts. Moving on...The book was the weakest of any book I've read from this author. I didn't find either MC especially interesting or likable...especially not Ben. There was way too much focus on the secondary couple of Noah and Clarke (apparently from book 1, which I haven't read). And the story was all over the place and didn't capture my interest at any given point.And if I have to read the world "glans" one more time...I will scream. OVERUSE ALERT. Yeah...this one really didn't do it for me. Not awful, but not even good enough...