susanylee

susanylee

Something Different

Something Different - S.A. Reid,  T. Baggins 2.5 starsI’m not a big fan of the rentboy falls in love with his client storyline. It works for me only on the rare occasion and only if there’s some serious attraction between the two. So, even though I really liked [b:Protection|13181411|Protection|S.A. Reid|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1334193106s/13181411.jpg|18361682] by this same author, this one fell short. I’m finding more and more that I don’t buy the draw between MC’s as easily as I have in the past. If you can’t produce chemistry on the page, I’m not going to just assume it’s there and buy into the rest. Thus, the relationship between James and Michael felt flat and what each brought to the table, unequal. And when they suddenly were in love with each other, I rolled my eyes and thought…really? And quite honestly, there was nothing really special or interesting about either of them as characters. There were some sweet parts and if the book was longer, maybe it wouldn’t have felt so hard to believe. In a nutshell, I’ll probably forget this book in a week…nothing worth reco'ing...