susanylee

susanylee

Second Chances

Second Chances - T.A. Webb Full review as well as a personal letter to the author found at:http://loveaffairwithanereader.blogspot.com/2013/03/susan-book-review-second-chances-by-ta.html***************************************** I was sobbing for 1/3 of this book...uncontrollably. * I was drinking wine for 2/3 of this book...uncontrollably.* I was getting my ass kicked for 3/3 of this book...uncontrollably. It‘s impossible for me to review “Second Chances” because honestly, it hits SO CLOSE to home that I have zero ability to see from any perspective except smack-dab in the middle of it. No story has ever felt so much like looking into a mirror (well, if that mirror reflected back a version of myself as a gay man! Ha!) And though I feel 100% connected to the character of Mark, I also see bits of myself (as well as bits of who I want to be) in Antonio, Brian, Mark’s Dad, even the boys sometimes. So many thoughts, emotions, and revelations came to me while reading that I felt overwhelmed...and altered...yes...life-changing...or more, life-affirming...I can't say, nor do I care, whether the writing or the plot or the characterizations or the flow or even the mutherf’ing grammar were perfect or not. (I can't even question naked massages and sudden moves cross-country.)For me, to me, within me...this is me (the me that I am, and the me I want to be). Thank you, T.A. Webb...Tom...for this.