susanylee

susanylee

Dark Space

Dark Space - Lisa Henry 3.5 stars…Solid 4+ stars for most the book, but unless there’s a part 2, the rushed ending has me sticking to 3.5…This book could have been AWESOME! Could have been… It had a GREAT story, a character who, despite his youth, fear, and flaws I loved (loved so much that I hadn’t even NOTICED the book was written in first person POV until about 70% in…I just enjoyed his perspective so much), and was cadenced, for the first 90’ish% in a pace that I was quite enjoying. And then shit hit the fan. And what should have been some of the most exciting parts of the story…the GRAND FINALE…was stuffed into a few pages, without details (the glorious details that would have made it EPICLY enjoyable!), without reason (Why did this happen? How did this happen?), without direction. It felt like Ms. Henry suddenly had to reach a deadline, found herself 100 pages behind, and decided to mail in the cliff notes version of the ending. Don’t get me wrong: even, what I now refer to as the “summarized ending”, was interesting. It was just filled with holes and questions. I was happy how it all tied up, but kind of confused by the whirlwind I had just found myself thrown out of. NOW…if she were to write a follow-up book that explored these details, I would be a very happy camper. I want MORE of the relationship and romance between Brady and Cam. I want to know more about the Faceless. I want to see Wade PAY in painful ways. Can I have some more please? PS, I do so love Brady...and the kid on the cover is PERFECTION.Random revelation: For some reason, I had it in my head that I didn’t like Sci Fi books. Curious, since I’m obsessed with Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactic, Firefly and a HOST of others. Curious also, because the few Sci Fi books I have read, I’ve actually really enjoyed. Time to reassess what I think I “like”.