susanylee

susanylee

Catch My Breath

Catch My Breath - M.J. O'Shea 4.5 starsOk, I have to admit (though I hate to since it makes me a relic, I know), that I have no idea who/what “Larry Stylinson” is. I had to google the name. I can’t get One Direction straight from any other boy band these days. When I hear “boy band”, I think NKOTB or NSync or Backstreet Boys. I am ancient…So, I can’t speak to whether this is some “Larry Stylinson” book or if that was the obvious inspiration for MJ O’Shea’s story. All I can say is this:I FREAKING ADORED IT!!!!Every single page, without fail, even in some of the harder times for the boys, I was in my happy place. I loved the characters. I loved the story. I loved the warm-fuzzies I felt. I loved the clever use of tweets and crazy fangirls. I loved the drama. I loved the emotion. I loved it all.Did I mention: I FREAKING ADORED IT!!!!!And truly, I can’t explain why I loved this book SO much. It actual breaks some of my no-no rules for M/M books: LONG (350+ pgs…cut out a few pages & some of the repetitive parts could have been avoided), about MUSICIANS (these books don’t typically grab me), and pretty TAME in the onpage smexy (though not quite fade-to-black, and possibly more descriptive than some YA’ers might approve of). BUT, gosh, it was just so satisfying. Maybe the preteen, young girl in me needed some attention…maybe the youthful side of me needed awakening. Who knows?I just can’t stop smiling. And I think, if I weren’t such an old bat, I might have squee’d over this book if I allowed myself. Elliot & Danny are the hug-worthiest characters I’ve read about in a long time. (Danny sings Amy Winehouse’s “Valerie” for his audition…how precious is he???!!!). And though it’s technically GFY, the author didn’t make it into some big deal internal crisis about coming out…but rather just went with the flow of 2 boys, best friends, finding themselves falling in love with each other.And Elliot, Elli-bean, my El…you have secured a spot in my “House of Huggables” next to Ryan from ICoS and Parker from American Love Songs. I love, love, love, love, looooove, you, you cutie patootie!Sh*t…I’m smiling while writing this review too…my face hurts…Who will love this book?• 12 year old girls who love boys in boy bands• 12 year old boys who love boys in boy bands• Susan – and anyone else who shares her happy place of charming characters, sweet young love, and heartwarming moments…Don’t want to jinx it, but…I’ve read some really great books lately…books that have HIGHLY entertained me…just sayin’! Guess "3-star Susan" is taking a break!