susanylee

susanylee

City Mouse: Country Mouse Series, Book 2

City Mouse - Amy Lane, Aleksandr Voinov 3.5 stars! ...and a spoiler-free review...If you’re a fan of Country Mouse, you were probably in HEA-heaven when Malcolm pulled the grand, romantic move of stopping Owen at the train station from leaving for Paris. It was one of those sigh-inducing, make-my-heart-full moments. City Mouse takes place in the weeks immediately following as we watch Mal and Owen figure out “what’s next?” Owen remains the sweet, kind-hearted, loving, but so-NOT-a-pushover Yank. The real transformation, and what I find drives the movement in the story of book 2, happens with Malcolm and his battle against his past demons, his current lifestyle and attitude, and who/what he can’t help want to be for Owen.The book is sweet...a little bit of angst via relationship growing pains thrown in that didn’t really exist in book 1...and gives us fans of Owen/Malcolm even more. It was great to see their relationship evolve. (But seriously: does Owen HAVE to be THAT perfect about everything? And does Malcolm HAVE to be such an arrogant ass about everything? ha! ...well, Malcolm's vulnerable moments, though rare, were endearing...)There’s lots and lots and lots and lots of smexy in this book as well (including an ice dildo...erm...). And, for new fans of Voinov’s Market Garden series, the club makes a guest appearance along with a couple of the side characters. Entertaining and easy.Thanks, as always, to Riptide for the ARC...you guys ROCK! :)