susanylee

susanylee

Tales from Foster High (Tales from Foster High, #1-3)

Tales from Foster High (Tales from Foster High, #1-3) - John  Goode “Tales From Foster High” is a compilation of the first 3 books of the series. I have deemed myself the M/M YA afficionado. The title sounds impressive. But alas, it just means that I’m easily entertained by the go-to storyline of the bullied nerd/closeted jock pairing. And as long as it’s handled with care, and the characters are likable, and it’s not written poorly, you can pretty much guarantee I’ll like it. The Tales From Foster High stories are decent…middle-of-the-pack when it comes to this genre, if you ask me. But, all-in-all, entertaining enough. Tale 1: Kyle’s POV – quirky and funny…and has an inner strength even HE didn’t realize. I respect him and like him…a lot.Tale 2: Brad’s POV – a bit on the boring side, actually…even when he turns jerk (which they all do for a short time in these books), it’s not that interesting. He’s actually kind of selfish/unkind in my opinion. But, I’m glad he eventually sees and comes to value the strength of Kyle.Tale 3: Kyle & Brad, alternating POVs – not the most inspired coupling…but I like how the relationship makes Kyle stronger. The turn of events involving each of their mothers suddenly becoming supportive was a stretch and I didn’t understand how that switch flipped. All in all…these stories are…ok. I’ll continue to read the series because I like it enough. But, it won’t stand out among some other books who have done this slightly better.