susanylee

susanylee

Dance With Me

Dance With Me - Heidi Cullinan 3.5 starsI love Ed and Laurie together. I thought their friendship was sweet. I thought their romance was sweet. I thought their love was sweet. And I thought their union was sweet. Ed alone is a stubborn idiot who jeopardized his health because of his pride. He’s a glory-days obsessed athlete whose saving grace is his aw-shucks charm...and his love for Laurie.Laurie alone is an ice prince who was so uptight and emotionless, I fully expected him to shit diamonds. He’s a confused coward whose saving grace is his sometimes charming insecurity...and his love for Ed. So many times I wanted to scream to each of them “GET OVER IT!” I understand you’re damaged and you’re afraid and you’re hurt by history. But, at some point you have to GET OVER IT. THANKFULLY, it was their love for each other that helped them each and both to GET OVER IT. I did enjoy this book immensely at parts. I also think it suffers from being too long and at points, too ridiculous (do NOT need to be picturing old men having sex in a hot tub). If it had been edited down and some unnecessary bits removed, I would have really, really loved this. In the end, it was entertaining, and the relationship between Ed & Laurie made it worth(-ish) reading.