susanylee

susanylee

Drunk Text

Drunk Text - seventhswan 2.5 stars...yeah, yeah...I know..."but everyone else really liked it!"...Great concept for a book: you wake up after a night of drunken loving w/ a text saying "God, my ass hurts. I can't even sit down properly. Cheers to you. Coffee @ 1?"...oh yeah...but you're straight.The book started off funny, went through an annoying stage, and ended sweet. The writing was amateurish and I was undecided how I felt about the characters. Not sure if they annoyed me or if I could attach myself to them. Gunnar's the idiot college-frat-boy type that so often makes me roll my eyes w/ every word out of his ego-inflated head. Vance was written w/o a point of view...it was a bit schizo...the writer just wrote him to fit the scene at hand. The bed scenes and sexual tension were pretty entertaining, I will say that. Ultimately, I'm finding myself frustrated by the "I honestly never knew I was gay until you" books out there. That angle has been overplayed.I found this "meh" at best. Only really worth it to read because it's free and that makes it not feel like a waste.