susanylee

susanylee

Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1)

Hot Secrets - Lisa Renee Jones 3.5 Stars...The perfect "plug & play" / "just add water" romance book. Sure, I've read this storyline before. Sure, it was predictable. Sure, it was generic. But, I mean all those descriptions in the best way possible. I'm not going to get stuck thinking about what this book "means" and trying to find a life-changing message. I'll walk away from reading this having been entertained and having enjoyed myself. That's enough...and it's what Lisa Renee Jones does so well...I really liked both the characters: Royce (I think I'm going to really like reading the entire Walker Security series!) and Lauren (always a pleasure reading a strong female lead who isn't annoying!). Enjoyed their chemistry and commitment to one another. And the suspense aspect was entertaining as well.If you're looking for quick read, just enough suspense, just enough steam, w/ characters who are just likable enough, this is your book.(PS - almost subtracted my standard .5 star for leading-man-in-ponytail, but decided not to this time. :) ...Royce might just be able to pull it off...) :)