susanylee

susanylee

Cricket

Cricket - Anna  Martin 2.5 starsOk...so I finally got back around to finishing this book (I never DNF anything and so, I dug my heels and and went for it). I do want it to be known that I literally fell asleep EVERY single time I went back to read this. I'd turn the page, begin, and wake up awhile later wondering if I had progressed in the story. Now, it might just have been that I was particularly tired this week. But, it also might just have been that...this book was so BORING!I think the author was well-intentioned...create a story that is sweet, gentle, a gradual, slow-build to the love story....the kind of books that [a:Julie Bozza|4442817|Julie Bozza|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1320280771p2/4442817.jpg] does best, actually. The problem for me was that I just didn't connect to the MC's enough to want to invest the time and patience to grow with them. I didn't feel invited to get to know them, actually. Like someone was telling me the story 3rd hand instead of me feeling right there IN the story. I love all things British...especially in my books...and having an old, stately manor, a local pub, a farm, gloomy weather...all those things were kinda charming. The main disappointment though, is that this book is called "Cricket", the blurb talks about cricket, and you get maybe 3 scenes that actually have anything related to cricket. Confused, I am.I think some people might like this book. I just don't have the patience for it and thus do not recommend it. Better books out there that are similar but didn't put me to sleep...