susanylee

susanylee

Glitterland

Glitterland - Alexis Hall SO, SOOOOOO GOOD...one of the BEST things I've read all year. Period.*I don’t want to review this book because my words can’t do it justice.*I don’t want to recommend this book to anyone because I couldn’t bear reading any critique against it. *I don’t want to be done with Ash & Darian because they are so odd and flawed and off and weird and easy to judge, but I loved them both so much. *I don’t want to search Alexis Hall’s GR author page to find this is his only book and there’s not another one for me to read immediately.*I don’t want to go another day without some Essex in my life. :)I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you can’t find humor in the darkness, you will hate it.If you can’t love a glitter pirate w/ an orange fake bake, you will hate it.If you can’t embrace a bipolar, depressed, suicidal, hater-of-life, you will hate it.This book is bitingly hilarious, profoundly sad, shockingly hopeful, possibly polarizing.This is Alexis Hall’s first book (I think?)…and by god, sir, where have you been all my life? I LOVE your style…and that you did not run fast and far the moment I started stalking you! Bless you. Thank you for Ash…for his insanity, for his emptiness, but mostly for his ability to make me laugh…out loud…for minutes…and then in memories for more minutes. Thank you for Darian…for his unapologetic flamboyance, for his naivete to speak his mind without realizing that not everyone is as comfortable with truth, for all that is simple and wonderful and refreshing about him.Thank you for your clever, clever voice. I care so very much that other readers will love this book. I WANT so much for people to embrace this and laugh with me and be in awe of it with me and not just break it down and tear it apart and critique it. Please don’t label this as overwritten.Please don’t bash on the voice.Please don’t disregard the story.Please don’t group this with “other” books. The only thing I could bear for you to critique is the cover (I almost didn’t read it because of the Adam Lambert look-a-like…)Please, please love this book...please…Thank you to Riptide for the ARC…and allowing me to post my review early…