susanylee

susanylee

Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)

Breaking Cover - Kaje Harper I'm so in love with Tony's and Mac's relationship and the journey it took in book 2, Breaking Cover. I found myself actually crying during the difficult moments and smiling at my Kindle during the good times. I felt like my heart could physically feel the connection and deep need for one another between the guys. And how ADORABLE are Ben and Anna?! It was hard reading about such deep-rooted bigotry and hate aimed towards our gay leads and knowing that, though this is a work of fiction, those exact things actually happen in the "real world". I found myself screaming "are you serious???" at the screen when I'd read about the small-minded beliefs and hateful words coming from those who supposedly "love God". But, this is about the book...and the book was delightful. I found it a little slower throughout the middle when it focused more on the suspense and the crime/case and when Tony and Mac were broken-up and apart. But the emotional build-up in the beginning and the emotional wrap-up in the ending were both so good.Can't wait for book 3...