susanylee

susanylee

The Gravedigger's Brawl

The Gravedigger's Brawl - Abigail Roux This book was SO MUCH FUN to read! There’s no doubt this is an Abi Roux book. It had some really humorous banter and random one-liners that had me cracking up. The side character of Noah even reminded me a tiny bit of Ty from her Cut & Run series with his dry, hilarious remarks.The relationship between Wyatt, a shy, academic museum curator, and Ash, a “Gaslight” flair bartender, was sweet and I’m hoping this is just the beginning of their journey. I’d also love to read more about Noah and Caleb as well. Each of the characters was truly interesting and I found this lone book too brief an introduction to them. The book was, however, a little tame for me. My inner smut-addict was hoping for some more va-va-vavoom in between the sheets. I was quite enjoying the chemistry among the couples and wanted MORE! Turn up the heat, Abi!Still, the whole ghost story backdrop was highly entertaining and perfectly timed for Halloween coming up! I have to admit...I WAS SCARED! ha! (recommendation: read in the daylight if you're a wuss like me)If this is going to be a series, then SIGN ME UP for more! (please!)