susanylee

susanylee

Gold Digger

Gold Digger - Aleksandr Voinov I do realize that writing “I think Aleksandr Voinov is a genius and I’m obsessed with him and his books (and the Muse) and that ‘Gold Digger’ is a yet another work of art” is basically stating something as obvious as “the sky is blue”. So…the sky is blue.“Gold Digger” is sensual and erotic and romantic and flirtatious and stoic and methodical and touching and powerful and *sigh*-inducing. I love Nikolai and Henri together. I loved their emotional, physical, intellectual, and professional journeys. I loved their banter. There were some classic lines throughout the book (my Kindle is highlighted to w/in an inch of its life). Even so, surprisingly to me, I actually loved Vadim the most (and this is more interesting because I haven’t yet been introduced to him in the Special Forces series…but I’m sure to read that soon) Even through just bits and pieces, his complexities have me intrigued and wanting more.I did get confused how quickly the non-relationship turned into drop-everything-follow-each-other-anywhere-let's-get-married. But I rolled with it...This book was fan-f’ing-tastic. Duh.PS - this book works as a stand alone but would definitely, I'm guessing, be enhanced if read after Special Forces.