susanylee

susanylee

Blindside (Blind Faith, #3)

Blindside - N.R. Walker 4.5 starsI’ll start by saying that you can read Blindside as a stand-alone.However, if you do, you might mistake Mark Gattison as an arrogant, self-absorbed, overgrown fratboy douchebag. And that would be a shame, because you would not be able to appreciate how awesome-sauce he actually is!Now, if you’ve read “Blind Faith” and “Through These Eyes” first, then you know that Mark is a gem. He’s loyal and kind and funny. He brings levity to even the most intense situations. And he can make anyone laugh. And knowing Mark in this way makes the Mark in Blindside charming and hysterical. I could not have been happier when I heard that NR Walker was going to make book 3 of the series about Mark. Mark, self-proclaimed commitmentphobe, was the most deserving of someone to love him and of someone to love. Enter Will…coworker, best friend, and partner in crime. I was totally captivated by the fantastic chemistry between Mark & Will. Their ease with each other, their complete knowledge and understanding of one another, their banter, their commitment…I DRANK it up (and am, quite frankly, a little envious! I want something like that!) Will as the sidekick-turned-object-of-affection was sweet and steady, if not a tiny bit on the bland side (sorry Will!). But he’s perfect for Mark and the characters balanced each other out well. And though the story didn’t come without some trials (this is MARK after all…he doesn’t DO relationships!), watching him trying to figure it out was…well painful and sweet at the same time. Poor poor Mark…got pummeled over the head by love! The cast of characters is rounded out by Carter & Isaac (from the first 2 books) as well as Mark’s looney-but-lovely mother who I adore!All in all, the book was funny and sweet (though light on the smut scale) and I highly recommend it, especially for those who are fans of the series! And if you’re someone who gets suckered into a book about a really, really great couple, you’ll find that in Blindside.Full review available at: http://sidlove.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/pre-release-review-blindside-by-n-r-walker/