susanylee

susanylee

One Breath, One Bullet (The Borders War)

One Breath One Bullet - S.A. McAuley 3.5 starsDespite the fact I was lost for a good portion of the book, I LOVED IT! Ha!"One Breath, One Bullet" is about a dystopian world at war and the power struggle of opposing factions. It has political intrigue, a futuristic setting, and 2 MC’s , enemies-to-lovers, figuring out their place in it all. Merq is a soldier whose sole purpose is the mission…no matter what side it comes from. He’s mastered playing unaffected marksman, willing to die if the orders call for it. Armise is an opposing soldier, the enemy, and the two find they cannot stay away from each other…when they’re not trying to kill one another. I am SO excited that this is but book 1 of a series! The world-building was outstanding. The back and forth between past and present caught me a little off guard and I wasn’t always sure what was going on. BUT, when I stopped worrying about drowning in unfamiliar details, I found that I actually was following along ok! Merq and Armise made for a pair of fascinating MC’s. Both soldiers. Both tough. Both the best at what they do. Sexy as all get out! And the times they got together, the chemistry was ON FIRE. As we follow them through the years and watched their connection grow from enemies to…??? (even they’re trying to figure this out)…all I could think was that I WANT MORE!The storyline left me wondering “who are the good guys?” and the glimpses into potential future plots points (Merq’s parents?) left me excited for what’s ahead. This is going to make a great series! This is my first S.A. McAuley book, and I am a fan!!!If you like futuristic, dystopian, soldier-filled books…this one is highly recommended.Full review at http://sidlove.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/book-review-one-breath-one-bullet/