susanylee

susanylee

Bad Attitude (Bad in Baltimore, #3)

Bad Attitude (Bad in Baltimore, #3) - K.A. Mitchell Buddy Read w/ Lenore, Kate, Jenn, and Christina[b:Bad Attitude|16006196|Bad Attitude (Bad in Baltimore, #3)|K.A. Mitchell|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1354864394s/16006196.jpg|21771039] caught me off guard. As much as there was a kind of sweet, softness around Quinn and Eli’s relationship in [b:Bad Boyfriend|12359552|Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore, #2)|K.A. Mitchell|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327947965s/12359552.jpg|17339510], this book is all hard edges. These guys are so hot and cold…zig-zagging back and forth. I’m mad at you. Grrr. I’m horny for you. Unf. I’m annoyed with you. Argh. I’m liking you. Smile. Whiplash.Thing is, I like these guys. Or, rather, I can relate to their imperfections. They’re emotionally stunted. Insecure. Overcompensate. Want affirmation, but shun it and make fun of it. Bitter Bettys about anything and everything. And trying to watch the two of them figure out their feelings for each other is a train wreck. But, on the other hand, there’s an authenticity to it as it plays out as well. It definitely requires some patience (which I have to admit, I lack…thus some of the irritation with the book). Yet for all their bravado and alpha power plays and man grunts, Jamie and Gavin are essentially two scared, needy men (Gavin, especially) who have no idea how to handle feelings and resort to using sex as their tool, their weapon, their manipulation, their communication. And I actually found most of this to be…sad. And then, for a brief second, it became hopeful. Whiplash.One treat in this book throughout…*sigh*…the kissing…oh, the kissing. Hot, sensual kissing. Yeah, that works for me…Oh, and this Beach fellow…ONE. MAJOR. DICKWAD.Take away from this book: entertaining in a grouchy-kind-of-way, but ultimately just makes me want to go and reread Bad Boyfriend to get back to Quinn & Eli and my happy place.