susanylee

susanylee

American Love Songs

American Love Songs - Ashlyn Kane 3.5 Stars...*sigh* me-likey-a-lot...Awwwwwwwww…Yup, it’s one of those. So sweet. So freaking adorable. I don’t usually love romance books about musicians. I think I have a hard time trusting that they’d be good in relationships with all the other opportunities surrounding them. But, it’s hard not to find yourself rooting for Wayward Sons (I can’t get Kansas out of my head…I’m a classic rock nerd) and especially for Jake and Parker. First, I HEART PARKER. He’s such a doll. Ridiculously gifted, shy yet witty and sarcastic and funny, inexperienced, but knows what he wants. I adore him. Second, I HEART JAKE. Confident and outgoing…gets along with everyone and finds himself protective of sweet Parker. Third, I HEART PARKER AND JAKE. Ugh. So CUTE these two! Friends to boyfriends to lovers. Their progression was slow but satisfying. I want to group hug them!I found all the secondary characters insignificant and I had little investment in their storylines. Also, it took a LONG time to get to where we all wanted it to go…though the writing made it fun and entertaining along the way. Good times…