susanylee

susanylee

Little Boy Lost; Vanished

Little Boy Lost - J P Barnaby (barely 3 stars...and only because I have to read this as a part of the series...)Ugh. This series just took a turn towards the ridiculous. The naïve, small-town, juvenile, painfully-shy-and-sheltered POV of Brian started as charming (book 1), moved to tolerable (book 2), but by this 3rd installment, when Brian heads to the big city of San Diego, it becomes more annoying and unbelievable. And though I’m ok with the coming-of-age aspect of this book, what's starting to get old…for 2 whole books now…is having our MC’s apart. And Brian’s sexual-exploration and what it leads to is just…disappointing… Again, the details of the book could have been heavily edited, and as I’ve mentioned in the previous reviews, this 6-book series should have been condensed into 3 books, tops. What saved the book was the big “WTF” moment at the end…which, naturally, made me immediately download the next book and continue reading…as well as the investment I already have in Brian and Jaime and seeing their story out until the end. Necessary to read if you’re in for the long-run w/ the series…but definitely skim-able…