susanylee

susanylee

Almost Like Being in Love

Almost Like Being in Love - Steve Kluger March 16, 2013Doing a quick re-read...just wanted (needed) some Travis bits to make me smile...***************************4.5 stars“Being Travis was a full-time job, yet that never kept him from teaching me how to be Craig.”This book is about first love, true love, forever love…Damn this book. Charming, witty, funny, original…and almost 100% quotable. This book made me laugh and cry and hope and hurt and hope and smile. Travis (me, if I was a 38 yr-old gay man) and Craig (my soulmate if I was a 38 yr-old gay man) were perfection. The book gets slow a bit towards the middle, and there were times, despite its charm, that I felt stuck and wanted the story to move-along a bit. Also, because ALL of the characters are so BIG in personality, I felt overwhelmed and irritable at times. BUT…it was all well worth it. The author has you guessing about who ends up where and with whom in the end…is it a HEA? Is it an unconventional HEA? Is it an “I love you enough to let you go” HEA? Is it a threesome HEA? Is it, is it, is it…???I’ll only say this…it is.