susanylee

susanylee

Catch Me if You Can

Catch Me If You Can - L.B. Gregg 3.5 stars...Outrageous insanity!And, I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)After a semi-annoying start (Why do people in books NOT call the cops when something bad happens…??? It’s my pet peeve…), this book really picked up for me. It’s funny…asinine, really…and just so over-the-top that I couldn’t help but be entertained. Caesar is a hoot…and I love that he’s just a good, good guy (despite all the lunatics in his life). And I’m obsessed with his maybe-they’re-in-the-mob Italian family! But, for me, the real draw to this book is Detective Dan…the I-used-to-be-a-cop-(hubba hubba)-but-am-now-a-private-investigator-(hubba hubba) suiter of Ce. He is HOT…hot, hot, hot…The pairing of Caesar and Dan is much like those that I am a sucker for and that you’ve seen me gush about time and again (basically every Mary Calmes book)…but I can’t help myself…I lurve it. And I’m happy that Caesar has someone to adore him….who’s not a closeted, self-absorbed, orange oompa loompa! I can see why this book has mixed reviews...the humor is not for everyone. But, I found it hysterical...just insane, really. Can’t wait to read book 2…but…I was kinda hoping for more in the series (*nudges* [a:L.B. Gregg|2833117|L.B. Gregg|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1290109052p2/2833117.jpg] …I mean, Mary Calmes gave us SIX books of Jory & Sam…just sayin’… :) )