susanylee

susanylee

A Dangerous Thing

A Dangerous Thing - Josh Lanyon Thank goodness...book 2 starting picking up the pace...a little bit. There's potential here.Again, the first half of the book I kept thinking "I don’t understand how any of this can be considered romance." In fact, the main "couple" didn't even share their first KISS until 63% into the SECOND book! Now THAT'S taking it slow!!!!! What frustrated me for most of this book is that we're supposed to think of Adrien & Jake as a couple. But Jake, actually loathing the fact that he's gay, has a girlfriend that he wants to propose to, is into gay S&M, and they’ve (Adrien and Jake) never kissed or had sex after a couple months of seeing each other. Jake doesn’t even listen to half of what Adrien says and is very condescending to him. That’s not a messed-up relationship, that’s a NON-relationship. I had trouble finding anything likable about Jake. The last bit of the book, FINALLY, saw a turning point in their relationship. And the mystery portion, also came to an entertaining end. Honestly, though, I can't help but wanting to yell at Adrien to dump Jake's sorry ass. But, sucker that I am, I'll admit I'm getting (slightly) hooked and still hoping for HEA...on to book 3...