susanylee

susanylee

Fish & Chips

Fish & Chips - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban ”REREAD WEEK” (Nov 24, 2012)Awwww…I actually think I liked this better this time. First read, I couldn’t get past how outlandish the whole scenario of the story was. But, being able to look past that (or skim past it, as it were),I enjoyed some of the emotional exchanges between Ty & Zane more. Also, lots and lots of sex! (hubba, hubba!)New Observation: I have always been Team Zane. But, my boy really pissed me off in this book during the reread. On more than a few occasions, I wanted to slap him upside the head. His inner-monologue, bad behavior, and doubts/fears started to wear me down. Step it up, big boy!Original rating: 3.5 starsReread rating: 4 stars*****************************ORIGINAL REVIEW3.5 StarsFINALLY...sheesh. It took 3 full books for Ty and Zane to finally profess their love for one another. Geez...if they dragged this on much longer, I would have seriously started to get annoyed. I like the story of this one. It's a bit too "convenient" of an assignment for them - looking a lot like the gay couple they're supposed to be impersonating. But, it was sweet getting to see Ty and Zane be outwardly affectionate and caring with one another. Again, as in the other books, the tender moments were the best and make you really, really root for these two. *There were a tense series of scenes between Ty and Zane that started at a poker table w/ scotch involved and ended fully clothed in the pool. It was painful...and the emotions felt so real and made my heart feel constricted. I felt real anger, fear, and hurt. Good stuff.*