susanylee

susanylee

Providence - Jamie McGuire Providence reads like a ridiculously fun action, romance movie. I could actually picture watching everything unfold on a huge screen as I was reading it. The story, the characters, the arcs, the dialogue...all so perfectly over-the-top that you can't help but enjoy yourself. I love the premise of this book and the consideration that we might all have guardian angels assigned to us. But what if your particular guardian angel was half human (a Hybrid) and what if he was madly in love with you and what if you found you were madly in love with him too? Don't forget the fact that your lives are intertwined to the point that if you die, he dies. And throw in dealings with crooked cops and some demons and arch angels along the way...and you've got yourself a pretty darn good read.Lastly, I've never been much of a Twilight fan, but I do know that girls and women would swoon over Edward and how romantic he was. PLEASE! Edward has NOTHING on Jared Ryel! The things that come out of this guy's mouth and what he says to Nina is PURE honey. If a man EVER talked to me that way, I'd be a melted puddle of mess on the ground. Enjoy! I'm off to read the rest of the series...